Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Dilemma

So apparently, according to my blood test a few days ago, I am anemic. On one hand, it explains why I am tired ALL THE TIME. On the other hand.....sometimes, when I SHOULD be doing something but feel "too tired" I find myself trying to use the anemia as an excuse to stay in bed. I DO NOT want to become one of THOSE people. Someone who takes manageable things and tries to use these "disadvantages" as an excuse. I need to just take some iron and move on. I can't let this stop me......
So I am working again & thoroughly enjoying it. I love my co workers & miss having something to do. haha, am I such a nerd that I LIKE work and school? I really have no life!
My last roommate had a life. She would party almost nightly & would often sleep all day, missing her classes. But is that really appealing? I'll enjoy a party here and there but I certainly wouldn't want to every night. For me, part of what makes it fun is the fact that I DON'T do it all the time. Also, I quickly became disgusted by her laziness. At the end of the day, I need to feel like I did SOMETHING productive. It can be something for leisure sometimes such as finishing that book or having fun with friends but at the same time, I like to feel useful too. I can't live off my parent's money forever and having my own money, working on my own college degree, all of that makes me feel like I am in control of my destiny. When I was younger, I somewhat feared the time when I would be on my own. It was accomplishments, like doing well in school, like having a job, like having a savings account and paying for my own rent and food, that let me know that I can handle being on my own. In fact, I rather like it. : )

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're fine

    best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eat lots of meat! Helps with keeping your iron up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to be positive. Following...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mindy Mac, Mindy Mac
    She's not a duck, but she goes quack!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Come on Mindy Mac, post more. I know your anaaeeemic and everything but come onnn! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry! went on a trip & got busy helping mom prepare for guests! talked about it in most recent blog though : )

    ReplyDelete